Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Some pics of our garden last year and etc.

I haven't posted too many pics on my blog and as I'm getting into gardening mode I thought I'd post a few photos of our garden last year. Also there's some misc. pics from the past of our home.

This is a pic of our early garden from June and I hope it posts correctly. To see the full photos please click on them.

Early garden from last year

Next are two from a little later in the year. (If you look to the upper left you can see Lizzie sniffing around the garden.)

Garden 2007

and

Another view of garden 2007

The next picture is from the 100th Pumpkin Show in Circleville, Ohio. Although I know I won't grow pumpkins near this size I'm going to try and grow some from seeds that say they can grow up to 500 lbs.!! Well we shall see.

100th Pumpkin Show  Circleville, Ohio


Next is a view of our orchard from a few years ago.

View of orchard

And some grapes growing from one of our vines, also from a few years ago.

Grapes

Finally one of my favorite trees in the front yard. Hopefully in a few weeks this tree will look like this again.

Front yard spring 2006


Thanks for stopping by and looking at my pics. Have a great day!

6 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

Lainey,
Good job!, and what a nice garden, wish I had a place for one, to many trees.
Now you can post lots of pictures so we can see what you are up to.
NANCY JO

Jessica said...

Goodness - this is making me glad that spring is here and its gardening time. :) Those pumpkins are HUGE!

Zan Asha said...

Lainey these are beautiful. I only have a small plot behind my backyard :( Everything is lovely and it seems like you have a nice life going on :)

Lainey said...

Thanks sweet ladies for visiting my blog and for the nice coments. I've still got to figure out how to post those pictures so they won't be cut off. I'm going to post more pictures soon as there are lots of them I've found on hubby's laptop. Have a beautiful day!

Lainey said...

umm, I meant comments.

Renie Burghardt said...

Lainey,

Your pictures are great! What a nice garden you had. I make small gardens these days.Too mny deer live around here, and I love the deer. Well, I love all wildlife. So, I make a small garden well hidden from them. LOL. Besides, at my age, gardening is a bit hard. And I love your tree as well!

I will put your blog on my blog roll. I'm always happy to make new friends, especially country girl friends.

Have a geat week. Hope you post a new entry soon.

Blessings,

Renie