Monday, April 21, 2008

Feeling Better Today...

I almost took off Friday's post because I felt it was so negative. I decided to leave it up because it's a part of me. For better or worse, it's just part of my human experience. We can't be upbeat all the time. Things happen to us and I guess it's how we react to things that makes the difference. I was ready to throw my hands up the other day and give up. I guess it's just that the one circumstance that has me worried is something I have no control over whatsoever. The only thing I have control over on that circumstance is what I do after the fact happens. I can choose to give up, feel defeated, and be negative or I can see it as a stepping off place to something else (maybe better). As you can see I am feeling better today after taking the weekend to reflect on things and getting some rest. I appreciated the prayers, good thoughts, and advice that was giving to me from some sweet farmgirl sisters. I really value and respect what was said.

Now on to something cheerier, it's absolutely beautiful outside. The temps are in the mid 70s, the sun is shining, and the redbuds and dogwoods are in full bloom for the most part. It's much too pretty to be sitting inside today and I found out that I don't have to go to my second job tonight so I am going to get out and work in the yard some. That will perk me up for sure.

2 comments:

Beemoosie said...

Sometimes, every day is a struggle to get up and find the good, but it is there. I don't always handle stress and the unknown very well myself, but I am learning (slowly?) that if I pray, get my rest and even a bit of walking in the great outdoors, I will get through it.
Blessings!
Bonnie

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Lainey,

I came over from Bonnie's. Have been reading your posts. So sorry about the problems and upsets. II hope you are feeling much more postive and enjoying the beauties of spring. Our redbuds are done, but the dogwoods are gleaming in the woods and on the hillsides, and all is well with God's world. A friend told me one day that whenever I'm upset and worried and stressed to repeat to myself, "I'm too blessed to be stressed." It works quite well in reminding me of my blessings and let go of the stress. Take care!

Blessings and Hugs,

Remie