Monday, March 24, 2008

Here I Go Again....

Well, only this time I've got the support of my husband who is doing it with me. It's the four letter word that hurts my feelings terribly. Yep, you guessed it.. D-I-E-T. Ugh, I'm going to refer to it from now on as our weight reduction plan. We've let ourselves go since before the holidays and it's really showing on us both. Of course I had a lot of weight to lose before but now it's worse than ever. We are setting short range goals as well as long term goals. Our first benchmark is to lose 15 lbs each by May 5th. Usually I will try to lose 20 lbs. within the first month but sometimes that's not realistic. This way it's an average of 2.5 lbs per week and I think we can manage that. And usually the first week I'm on a 'weight reduction plan' I lose as much as 8 to 10 lbs.

We decided to weigh in only on Monday mornings, since with fluid retention weight can yo-yo from day to day. DH only has about 40 lbs to lose altogether while I have quite a bit more, but it's nice doing this together. We can encourage each other and since it's just us we won't have temptations lying around. Yes, we are committed to do better and now the weather is getting nicer we can start walking and geocaching again. Exercise is just as important as food choices I think.

No comments: