Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Music

Looking back through the previous posts I've made I see that I never mentioned a great love of mine. I adore music... listening to or performing. I've been singing since I was about 2 or 3. I don't know that I'm all that good at it, it's just something I've always done and loved doing. I've written several songs with a musician in England and we had a couple of our songs on download.com. I noticed a few months ago the music had been removed from the site but I have found it on another site now. How it came to be posted there I have no idea, but I'm glad it was. There are 2 songs there and they are not perfect by any means. The musician in England recorded my vocals using Skype software. He did as good as he could with the quality, but it's not studio quality due to the distance and the internet connection in general. But if anyone would like to hear these songs they can be found at:

http://www.freesoothingmusic.com/artist.php?artist_id=8

The first song: Tami's Song was written for a dear friend of mine who passed away in 1997. She was such a loving and giving person. We had been friends since I was 5 years old and the song started out as a childhood memory I had of her dancing in the rain one day. I wrote the lyrics in about 15 minutes and my songwriter friend composed the music almost as fast. It was just one of those things that came together.

The second song: If You Were my Man was originally called If You Were my Girl. The songwriter had written it for his girlfriend but changed the lyrics so I was able to record it.

I hope whoever listens to these songs enjoy them.

4 comments:

Day4plus said...

Hi Lainey, I am going to go and listen right now. Don't go away. MB

Day4plus said...

Hi, I'm back!! Lainey you have a beautiful voice. Tami's Song is so wonderful and pleasing to listen to. They both are beautiful. I hope to hear more. MBomnju

Beemoosie said...

Lainey, Your voice is wonderful! Tami's song gave me chills! Just gorgeous!! You are so talented!!

Lainey said...

Thank you all for going and listening to my songs. I really appreciate it. Tami's Song was written for a very special lady who was kind and brave. I miss her very much. Your comments mean the world to me.