Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Catching Up

I've let so much time pass by without a post and I feel bad about it. So many things have happened I don't know quite where to start. Well, yes I do. On March 10th this year I lost my dear, sweet Mama. I've been totally lost without her as you can imagine. There are so many things I miss about her everyday. Like I was telling a friend a bit ago there are things that I only talked to my mom about and now I don't have anyone that I feel I can talk those things over with. My mom was one in a million and I was so blessed to have her in my life. I cherish the memories I have of her. Even though she's gone from this life I still feel her presence always comforting and encouraging me to do my best.

In May I had a surgery where they removed my esophagus and 1/3 of my stomach. It was a major surgery and I was in the hospital for 17 days. I had a rough time in the beginning of my recovery and there are still some days that I have problems. I've had to have two dilations of my 'stomaphagus' since that surgery to enlarge the connections at my throat and where the intestine meets the stomach. This has made it easier for me to eat. For the first six weeks I had a feeding tube and it came out twice and had to be replaced.

The good news is that there was no cancer present in the nodes and I don't have to have chemotherapy or radiation so far. I have a scan coming in December to check if the cancer has spread to any other organ, but so far I'm okay as far as that is concerned.

I'm getting better and feeling stronger every day although some days I get really tired. I went back to work full time 6 weeks after surgery and a few weeks ago I started back at my part time job as well. Another benefit I received as a result of the surgery is that I've lost quite a bit of weight. As of today I've lost 64 lbs and hope to lose more. It's not the best way to lose weight but I think I'm getting around better as a result of it.

I'll post more soon, but this was just to catch you all up with what's been going on the past few months. I hope whoever is reading has a blessed day and thanks for taking the time to read this.

5 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

Lainey,
So glad to hear about all your progress!! Can't believe you are back to work full time.I didn't have surgery and I don't think I could work full time HA.
I know you must miss your Mom.My girls stop over or call everyday. There is just a connection there.
Keep getting better, and I wish you weren't working so hard so soon.
NANCY JO

Autumn said...

I am so glad to hear you are on top of things,Lainey!!!
It's been a tough few months - take care of yourself!!!!

iiiii said...

Happy to read your post.Sounds like you are getting right back into the swing of things. :) Everyday it will get easier. I will be praying that everything goes well with your scan in December.
I miss our chats, but am still praying God is keeping you in His special care!
hugs
Jessie

Beemoosie said...

Lainey, just wanted you to know I think of you often. Your mom passed on 6 days before my dad...what a tough experience; I never imagined how hard it would be. And on top of it all, you have dealt with your own major health issues. You are and amazing woman. I am so glad your DH has been there for you! May God continue you bless and heal you!
Love,
Bon

Nishant said...

I would like to say thanks..
free classified india