Monday, October 13, 2008

Fairly Peaceful Weekend

We took my in-laws to the airport early Saturday morning and saw them off on their way home. They had been in since September 13th for a visit. Then we decided to have breakfast at Honey Baked Hams in Lexington. Their hams are delicious and I can't wait until Christmas because we always get one then. After that we shopped a bit then headed back home. My husband and I decided to take a little afternoon nap and did so until the phone rang and we saw it was the hospital calling. My heart jumped because I assumed it was something about my mom, but it was my dad calling because my uncle had injured himself. Dad needed me to go and stay with Mom until he came back. My uncle is going to be ok, he cut tendons in his hand and I believe the surgery is today. After I got home we watched a movie then kind of slept in yesterday morning.

Yesterday afternoon we decided to take a quick leaf peeping trip to the mountains in the next county over. We took one photo but the colors are really muted right now. In a week or two there might be more color and I'll try it again and post some photos here. When we got home I made a big pot of chili and spent most of the evening reading and doing laundry. Yes, it was a somewhat quiet weekend. I did get some rest and that's the important thing.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey there Lainey!!! Good hearing from ya. I just saw you mentioned Honey Baked Ham. We order from there for work all the time. I've got coupons. Email me your address and I can send you some. :)

Hope all is well with you!

Melanie said...

Tag you're it! See my blog for details.

Melanie
from MJF